<@U06HBGN1SA0> how do I pass a file in as input th...
# ask-ai
t
@Glime how do I pass a file in as input through the flyte console
g
To pass a file as input through the Flyte console, you can follow the approach mentioned in one of the discussions where a user was able to upload a file ahead of time to the demo sandbox MinIO storage via the UI and then reference it in a task. This method involves using the Flyte console UI to upload the file to the storage and then referencing the uploaded file in your workflow or task. Here's a summarized step-by-step guide based on the information provided: 1. Upload the File to Storage: • Navigate to the Flyte console UI. • Use the interface to upload your file to the demo sandbox MinIO storage or the relevant storage backend configured with your Flyte deployment. 2. Reference the Uploaded File in Your Task or Workflow: • Once the file is uploaded, you can reference it in your Flyte task or workflow. If you are using a
ShellTask
or any other task type that supports
FlyteFile
, you can specify the path to the uploaded file in the storage. 3. Execute the Workflow: • With the file uploaded and referenced in your task or workflow, you can now execute the workflow through the Flyte console. The task will be able to access the file from the storage location. It's important to note that the exact steps might vary based on the specifics of your Flyte deployment and the storage backend in use. If you're using a different storage backend or have specific configurations, you might need to adjust the steps accordingly. For more detailed instructions and examples on working with files and storage in Flyte, you can refer to the Flyte documentation and the FlyteKit Python SDK documentation, which provide guidance on handling data types and I/O, including
FlyteFile
k
There is an issue to auto upload a file, not implemented in Flyte yet
t
so the current way would be to upload the file to bucket storage and provide the uri?
k
Yup
Or use pyflyte run and it will automatically do it