Hi. I think I found a bug in 1.3.0 wrt `remote.exe...
# flytekit
h
Hi. I think I found a bug in 1.3.0 wrt
remote.execute
. Can someone take a look at it? Thank you. https://github.com/flyteorg/flyte/issues/3261
Not exactly sure how this code path gets exercised and why test case like https://github.com/flyteorg/flytekit/blob/b6605bc95bd6f03434aeb5ca8f69eba161924ef8/tests/flytekit/integration/remote/test_remote.py#L219 does not catch it.
I guess the fix would be like the following?
Copy code
task_node_exec[0].id.node_id: FlyteNode(
                            id=flyte_entity.id,
                            upstream_nodes=[],
                            bindings=[],
                            metadata=NodeMetadata(name=""),
                            task_node=FlyteTaskNode(flyte_entity),
                        )
y
hey @honnix yes sorry about this. not sure how this was missed.
that is correct
h
Thank you for the quick fix.
A question. Why
wait=True
does not result
execution = self.sync_execution(execution, sync_nodes=sync_nodes)
being called in
wait
function.
Our test case does pretty much the same thing. Not sure why it breaks for us. 🤔 This is the stack trace for us:
Copy code
tests/test_util/remote_util.py:6: in remote_handle
    execution = remote.execute(
/Users/honnix/.pyenv/versions/spotify-flytekit/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flytekit/remote/remote.py:1051: in execute
    return self.execute_remote_task_lp(
/Users/honnix/.pyenv/versions/spotify-flytekit/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flytekit/remote/remote.py:1134: in execute_remote_task_lp
    return self._execute(
/Users/honnix/.pyenv/versions/spotify-flytekit/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flytekit/remote/remote.py:964: in _execute
    return self.wait(execution)
/Users/honnix/.pyenv/versions/spotify-flytekit/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flytekit/remote/remote.py:1381: in wait
    execution = self.sync_execution(execution, sync_nodes=sync_nodes)
So setting
wait=True
is sufficient to catch this in our case.
Do we have a plan to drop a 1.3.x release to include this fix? Thanks.
k
I think the. Fix was merged. We should release 1.3.X cc @Eduardo Apolinario (eapolinario) ?
e
@honnix, we're dealing with another bug (related to dynamic wfs) now but once that's fixed we're going to release 1.3.2, ok?
h
Of course. Thank you!
e
@honnix, just to make sure you saw that flytekit 1.3.2 is out and should contain that fix.