Hi everyone! I want to report a possible issue tha...
# flytekit
a
Hi everyone! I want to report a possible issue that I've detected today working with chain and remote tasks. I've tried to find some related issues in https://github.com/flyteorg/flyte/issues but I didn't find any similar. I want to share this with you here before creating a bug in the issues site. The problem: Chain a task with a remote task that doesn't have outputs doesn't work correctly.
Copy code
task >> remote_task_without_outputs
How to reproduce: 1. Build the docker image using the
flytekit_build_image.sh
script. 2. Generate the protocol buffers using
pyflyte serialize workflows -f /tmp/_pb_output
command (with all needed env vars). 3. Example gist with code: https://gist.github.com/andresgomezfrr/8bd105ff9c7e10e9f7854e5b13430a95 _You must register the
print_empty
on the cluster first, to use it on a remote reference._ Traceback:
Copy code
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/andresg/workspace/andres-cookie-python-test/venv/bin/pyflyte", line 8, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/Users/andresg/workspace/andres-cookie-python-test/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1130, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/andresg/workspace/andres-cookie-python-test/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1055, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/Users/andresg/workspace/andres-cookie-python-test/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1657, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/Users/andresg/workspace/andres-cookie-python-test/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1657, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/Users/andresg/workspace/andres-cookie-python-test/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1404, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/Users/andresg/workspace/andres-cookie-python-test/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 760, in invoke
    return __callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/andresg/workspace/andres-cookie-python-test/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/decorators.py", line 26, in new_func
    return f(get_current_context(), *args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/andresg/workspace/andres-cookie-python-test/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flytekit/clis/sdk_in_container/serialize.py", line 139, in workflows
    serialize_all(
  File "/Users/andresg/workspace/andres-cookie-python-test/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flytekit/exceptions/scopes.py", line 162, in system_entry_point
    raise ex.value
  File "/Users/andresg/workspace/andres-cookie-python-test/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flytekit/exceptions/scopes.py", line 203, in user_entry_point
    return wrapped(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/andresg/workspace/andres-cookie-python-test/src/andres_cookie_python_test/remote_workflow.py", line 37, in workflow_test
    fly_task >> print_task
  File "/Users/andresg/workspace/andres-cookie-python-test/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flytekit/core/promise.py", line 353, in __rshift__
    self.ref.node.runs_before(other.ref.node)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'node'
More info: I've checked that the NoneType is
other.ref
. Thanks in advance! flyte ❤️
k
Can you please file this as an issue
Helps keep track
a
Yeah sure!