I think i asked about it a while ago so i am tryin...
# flytekit
j
I think i asked about it a while ago so i am trying to collect all the tasks, subworkflows for a given workflow execution. For successful workflow it works fine and even the subworkflow launched from dynamic tasks can be retrieved(previously it wasn’t i think) 🎉 however i want to get the same thing for failed tasks, up until the failed node execution. but when i do
remote.sync
it is failing with
Copy code
FlyteAssertion: Outputs could not be found because the execution ended in failure.
is there a way to circumvent this issue use case for this is to track down the exact tasks that failed, because there can be multiple type of failures in a nested workflow its a bit tedious to scroll through in the web UI
c
Hi @Jay Ganbat, thank you for reaching out. Our team is looking into this and will get back to you shortly. cc @Eduardo Apolinario (eapolinario)
🙏 1
e
@Jay Ganbat, sorry for the delay, I was to come up with a workaround, but unfortunately this is not possible yet. Just so I understand, you want a way to traverse a workflow execution even in the case of failures. The idea being that you want to have access to failed tasks, correct?
j
yup, i got a workflow with dynamic task that spawns a lot of subworkflows which themselves are a bit nested
So trying to get to the root of the failed task 😄