I have some colleagues that are running the flyte ...
# ask-the-community
k
I have some colleagues that are running the flyte demo step by step in https://docs.flyte.org/en/latest/getting_started/index.html, but they're running into an issue
Back-off pulling image "<http://ghcr.io/flyteorg/flytekit:py3.9-1.0.3|ghcr.io/flyteorg/flytekit:py3.9-1.0.3>
as it seems that image tag doesn't exist. Is anyone else having this issue with running that getting started page?
k
cc @Eduardo Apolinario (eapolinario)
do you know what happened here?
e
looking.
we indeed failed to produce images for that release. Fixing now. Also making a note to add some alerting around that. Will ping here when it's fixed.
@Katrina P, we should be good now. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll make sure we catch these types of errors sooner in the future (will set up some alerts for the flytekit releases)
👍 1
t
Hi @Eduardo Apolinario (eapolinario) , I am running to the exact same problem now. Is this problem solved?
Also I was trying to work around by using the --image flag as mentioned in the doc, but seems one of the code or doc is outdated.
Copy code
pyflyte run --remote example.py wf --n 500 --mean 42 --sigma 2 --image python:3
Usage: pyflyte run example.py wf [OPTIONS]
Try 'pyflyte run example.py wf --help' for help.

Error: No such option: --image (Possible options: --mean, --sigma)
Ah, I figured, turned out --image is a top level flag, cannot be specified at the end of the command. Wonder whether who wrote the doc actually ran the command or not. TBH, it’s quite confusing for a user to get started.
Copy code
pyflyte run --image python:3 --remote example.py wf --n 500 --mean 42 --sigma 2
Great, now another error to get the basic demo running…
Copy code
Exceeded resourcequota: [BackOffError] The operation was attempted but failed, caused by: pods "fa1fea17215b94c658fa-n0-0" is forbidden: exceeded quota: project-quota, requested: limits.memory=500Mi, used: limits.memory=3000Mi, limited: limits.memory=3000Mi
k
Interesting why is the quota set so low
It's the admin confit
You can change the default
Cc @Kevin Su / @Yuvraj can you please help here
🙏 1
Why is there a quota set on the demo?
👀 1
k
@Tan Li I just publish ghcr.io/flyteorg/flytekit:py3.9-1.1.0 image, so now you can run the pyflyte command without specifying the image Regarding the error about exceeded quota, which version of demo cluster are you using (you can check it by using
docker ps
)? I just ran the example, but didn’t get that error. btw, the default quota is 3000Mi for now.
🙏 1
t
Let me give it try again, I actually cleanup the installation yesterday after several failure. Let me try again. Thanks!