Hi all, I have a `ContainerTask` with custom `PodT...
# ask-the-community
l
Hi all, I have a
ContainerTask
with custom
PodTemplate
, and it seems like Flyte is unable to detect when the task/container has finished and written the output file. I also have a different
ContainerTask
that doesn't use
PodTemplate
and everything works fine there. While looking at the task tab under execution for both, I see that the working task has
container.dataConfig
while the other task has
k8sPod.dataConfig
, but when I go to the task definition itself I don't see any
dataConfig
anywhere, for the task that isn't working. What am I doing wrong? Maybe I need to specify the
dataConfig
manually inside the
PodTemplate
? although I don't see where
h
Hey @Lotem Yehonatan Amiel, can you share your code that produces either? pod.DataConfig need to be populated yes! After a quick search I think this is a bug.. do you mind filing here: github.com/flyteorg/flyte/issues ?
l
Hi @Haytham Abuelfutuh, thanks for the reply! It's a bit long so I put it all into 1 file I will open an issue if you still think it's a bug after you've looked at the code But I would also like to hear if you have any idea for a temporary workaround, as I need this to work very soon-ish 😄
h
Sorry for the late response... One more thing to debug, can you check the Pod Spec that was generated when you ran that task?
kubectl get pod -o yaml -n <namespace> <pod name>
? I'm looking for an additional
copilot
container that should be added...
l
@Haytham Abuelfutuh also sorry for late response, didn't see you commented. I'll try to get a pod spec for you soon, but I did see that the copilot container wasn't added in these cases where i was using pod spec i'm 99% sure the issue is with the backend (propeller i think? not sure), which either doesnt check the
k8sPod.dataConfig
or just decides not to create a
copilot
for those my workaround for now is using "Runtime default pod spec", so my tasks have
container.dataConfig
the problem is sometimes i need a different pod spec (to add another sidecar), so this workaround isnt great