Trying to run a dynamic workflow and getting this ...
# ask-the-community
a
Trying to run a dynamic workflow and getting this error when the dynamic workflow task is executed. We are trying to run the tasks on databricks via the plugin but the dynamic workflow step itself is executed on the k8s cluster. We are also passing the destination directory flag during pyflyte run. The error seems odd, any idea why this could be occurring?
Copy code
ValueError: Destination path is required to download distribution and it should 
be a directory
s
is it a directory?
would you mind sharing the pyflyte run command?
a
Copy code
pyflyte run -p <project> -d development --remote --destination-dir "/databricks/driver" ./dynamic_wf/wf.py wf
s
does that path exist in the image?
a
yes it does
s
this is resulting in the error you're seeing: https://github.com/flyteorg/flytekit/blob/9bf7afae0f63510712d30e2e4fa5fbd219750b81/flytekit/tools/fast_registration.py#L107. for some reason, the isdir check is failing.
a
yeah I saw that. Checking the code now
s
how are you building the image? are you using image spec?
a
no I am not using image spec. We are doing a conventional docker build using a dockerfile in our CI/CD workflow
s
where are you specifying this image?
a
using this image in the dynamic workflow config like this
Copy code
@dynamic(container_image="<image_name>", cache=False, cache_version="1.0", limits=Resources(mem="2000Mi"))
def eval_model():
s
i think specifying image in the pyflyte run command shouldn't result in the error you're seeing because then the code will be copied to the destination directory in the image you provide, not the default flytekit image.
can you give that a try?
a
sure let me try and confirm
thanks for your inputs!