Hi, I am running a map_task on an input list of 2...
# ask-the-community
k
Hi, I am running a map_task on an input list of 2 elements, but the UI shows 4 successfull runs, with only 2 unique task ids. Does anyone know, what could cause this behavior / is it a bug in the frontend? On the cluster, only two pods are scheduled: (flytekit==1.10.1, flyte-backend==1.9.0)
s
looks like a bug to me. would you mind filing an issue? [flyte-bug]
s
are you able to reproduce this every time you run a map task?
also, is it possible for you to update your backend to 1.10?
k
I was trying to compile a MRE, for me the same behavior occurs when just calling a standard map_task, as in the following example and I could not find the cause of this bug. Can anyone try to reproduce this bug with the following code? I will try if updating to 1.10 solves it for me.
Copy code
@task
def demo_task_1() -> List[int]:
    return [1, 2]

@task
def demo_task_2(inp: int) -> None:
    print(inp)

@workflow
def demo_wf():

task1_out = demo_task_1()
    task2_out = map_task(demo_task_2)(inp=task1_out)
s
hey @Klemens Kasseroller, here's what I see on the demo cluster that uses the latest version of flyte:
k
Thanks for checking! I would have been surprised, if this was a general bug without being noticed. So the problem must be somewhere in my setup. Something I noticed is that in this example the demo_wf is registered 2 times, is this normal, or could it have something to do with it?
s
i believe it's normal. the two registrations pertain to workflow and launch plan.