I'm running a flyte server via `flytectl demo star...
# ask-the-community
d
I'm running a flyte server via
flytectl demo start
and one of my tasks is failing but I'm having trouble telling why. I'd like to exec into the pod but i get the following error from the gui: (threaded)
Copy code
pods "f9e588c4337b641518fb-f54plrzi-0-dn2-0" is forbidden: User "system:serviceaccount:flyte:flyte-sandbox-kubernetes-dashboard" cannot create resource "pods/exec" in API group "" in the namespace "flytesnacks-development"
is there any way around that?
k
hmm, could you share the workflow you run?
btw, could you share the output of
kubectl get pods -n flyte
d
after exeecing into the container:
Copy code
/ # kubectl get pods -n flyte
NAME                                                  READY   STATUS    RESTARTS   AGE
flyte-sandbox-proxy-d95874857-zm6jj                   1/1     Running   0          4h26m
flyte-sandbox-docker-registry-759844bc88-qqqpj        1/1     Running   0          4h26m
flyte-sandbox-kubernetes-dashboard-6757db879c-lzk9s   1/1     Running   0          4h26m
flyte-sandbox-minio-645c8ddf7c-qb4bh                  1/1     Running   0          4h26m
flyte-sandbox-postgresql-0                            1/1     Running   0          4h26m
flyte-sandbox-7d699df5fc-bdh6v                        1/1     Running   0          4h26m
flyte-sandbox-buildkit-7d7d55dbb-bznfj                1/1     Running   0          4h26m
The workflow is a wip that i'm working on to test flyte for biology
k
Copy code
User "system:serviceaccount:flyte:flyte-sandbox-kubernetes-dashboard"
seems like this service account is wrong
did you see the same error when running this workflow. https://docs.flyte.org/projects/cookbook/en/latest/index.html
d
I dont think the demo lasts long enough to have time to exec in?
i'll jsut add a sleep
Copy code
pods "fa2b78aad10aa49b483c-n0-0" is forbidden: User "system:serviceaccount:flyte:flyte-sandbox-kubernetes-dashboard" cannot create resource "pods/exec" in API group "" in the namespace "flytesnacks-development"
Same error
k
seems like a bug in the demo cluster, investigating now