Hi everyone! It's me again. So, I managed to solve...
# ask-the-community
g
Hi everyone! It's me again. So, I managed to solve the issues I was having when trying to make Flyte detect the MPI plugin. Right now I've managed to make a workflow start executing but it never finishes. The info showed on the Flytepropeller console shows the following error:
E0807 16:38:21.462968       1 workers.go:102] error syncing 'flytesnacks-development/fa6f1f44573a6451e9cb': failed at Node[n0]. RuntimeExecutionError: failed during plugin execution, caused by: failed to execute handle for plugin [mpi]: found no current condition. Conditions: []
. If anybody knows what's that error is really telling me and what would be a nice idea to solve it I would really appreciate! 馃槃
k
which version of MPI operator are you using
g
Yeap, im using that MPI operator
I already tried with versions 1.4.0, 1.5.0 y 1.6.0
Now I was going to try the 1.3.0 version, I read somewhere that that error msg might be due to some modifications from one version to another, but im not sure if that's the way to go 馃槄
Just in case, I believe it's worth mentioning that I initially tried with the mpi-operator instead of the training-operator, but since I couldn't make it work (the workflow always stayed in
UNKNOWN
status) I started googling and read somewhere that I should use the training-operator instead
s
Yes, you need to use the training operator. I tried it out recently and it worked for me. Please follow the instructions outlined in this guide: https://docs.flyte.org/en/latest/deployment/plugins/k8s/index.html.
g
I hope you don't mind but if it's okay with you, we can continue on this thread, im getting a bit dizzy jumping from one channel to another haha, perhaps it wasn't my brightest idea to ask the same thing on two different places 馃槄 Btw, I've been following the instructions on that guide with no luck