Hey I'm having trouble registering a workflow. It ...
# announcements
j
Hey I'm having trouble registering a workflow. It looks like the tasks are registering alright:
Copy code
flytectl register files --project chariot-sdk-test --domain development --archive out.tar.gz --version v2

---------------------------------------------------------------------- --------- ------------------------------------------------------------
| NAME (4)                                                             | STATUS  | ADDITIONAL INFO                                            |
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- --------- ------------------------------------------------------------
| /tmp/register024275035/0_pm.nb.new.ipynb_1.pb                        | Success | Successfully registered file                               |
| /tmp/register024275035/1_new.ipynb_1.pb                              | Success | Successfully registered file                               |
| /tmp/register024275035/2_workflows.new_workflow.nb_to_python_wf_2.pb | Failed  | Error registering file due to rpc error: code =            |
|                                                                      |         | Internal desc = failed to compile workflow for             |
|                                                                      |         | [resource_type:WORKFLOW project:"chariot-sdk-test"         |
|                                                                      |         | domain:"development"                                       |
|                                                                      |         | name:"workflows.new_workflow.nb_to_python_wf" version:"v2" |
|                                                                      |         | ] with err entry not found                                 |
| /tmp/register024275035/3_workflows.new_workflow.nb_to_python_wf_3.pb | Failed  | Error registering file due to rpc error: code =            |
|                                                                      |         | NotFound desc = entry not found                            |
Any ideas why that might happen?
y
are you able to share
out.tar.gz
with us?
there’s nothing proprietary in there right?
j
sure thing!
y
@Prafulla Mahindrakar @Yuvraj the issue here is that flytectl is overriding the version when registering the tasks.
đź‘Ť 1
we shouldn’t be doing the that. the tasks pbs are coming in with identifiers that are complete already:
Copy code
"id": {
      "resourceType": "TASK",
      "project": "chariot-sdk-test",
      "domain": "development",
      "name": "pm.nb.new.ipynb",
      "version": "1"
    },
but when registering, flytectl is overriding the version
Copy code
$ flyte-cli -h localhost:30081 -i -p chariot-sdk-test -d development list-task-versions --name new.ipynb
Using default config file at /Users/ytong/.flyte/config
Welcome to Flyte CLI! Version: 0.23.1
Task Versions Found for chariot-sdk-test:development:new.ipynb

Version                                            Urn
v2                                                 tsk:chariot-sdk-test:development:new.ipynb:v2
we shouldn’t be doing that. it should only be filling things in if it’s templated.
@Jake Neyer for the time being, could you register everything with the same version?
really sorry about this jake - let me open an issue
j
yeah I'll give that a go. Fwiw I'm probably doing something sort of hacky. I'm calling some of the cli methods directly outside of the CLI
y
that should be fine… it’s not hacky. this is a bug.
thank you for reporting
j
workaround works! Thanks for the quick help @Yee!
y