Anyone here having issues with running the sandbox...
# announcements
a
Anyone here having issues with running the sandbox environmnet + flytesnacks on a M1 Mac?
y
Are you getting issue with sandbox cluster or flytekit ? i just read your comment on https://github.com/flyteorg/flyte/issues/1248#issuecomment-1000141010
a
Yeah that's me 🙂 Actually I think that it's due to trying to install flyte in a conda virtual environment. Usually using pip to install libraries in conda works fine, but seems like grpc is an exception
Though when I think about it, I had these env variables set also after tearing everything down and starting from scratch with pip + venv - so it's possible it's still needed
I'll make an experiment without them
❤️ 2
Seems to work 🙂 So please disregard my comment
y
Nice
👍 1
k
@Avshalom Manevich can you please add to the issue. It helps as a document
a
@Ketan (kumare3) Hey, I added. LMK if you want more explicit details
k
@Avshalom Manevich so does flytekit work on M1?
a
Hey, had to leave for the day. The "regular" getting started guide works on M1 - but I didn't manage to get flytesnacks to work yet
y
@Avshalom Manevich we don't publish docker images for arm in flytesnacks, Fo now you need to build those image manually like getting started
👍 1
k
@Avshalom Manevich if you do manage to get a patch please do, there is some work in progress in Flyte to dynamically support multi arch images
👍 1