Hello All. Hope you are doing well. I am a softwar...
# announcements
m
Hello All. Hope you are doing well. I am a software developer (precisely python developer) and new to the domain of ML. During the journey, i encountered an error while applying flyte for workflow. i am working with spacy and at first it was just one file without any self defined functions and just calling 3rd party APIs. so i somewhat changed one sequential code to function to create tasks to get better understanding of flyte. well, in one function (task) i am returning a list of tuple. like traindata = [...('some text here',{'key': (1,3,'abc')})...] and wrote return type as typing.List[tuple]. but it is giving me an exception that generic types cannot be there. what should i do in this condition
👋 1
k
To understand the problem - either the exact error or a snippet of the erroring function definition will help. If you are ok to paste it here would be awesome
m
this is the function i want to be the task
and the exception i am getting
o
HI @Ketan (kumare3) can you offer some expert insights based upon the above code samples (@komal azram)
k
hello @Open AIMP - sorry i missed the message.
cc @Yee / So tuples are restricted type currently. Flyte does not allow tuples to be passed. This is because we use named tuples to name the output vars. For example
typing.NamedTuple("op", [("x": int)])
Would it possible to instead convert the List of tuples to either 1. pandas.DataFrame OR Create a new dataclass - e.g DataClass and use as 2. List[DataClass]
On a side note @Open AIMP I see you are educating folks on using MLOps. This fantastic. May i send you a DM. We are infact working on a new overlay on top of Flytekit, that will simplify flytekit usage for beginners?
cc @Niels Bantilan
o
Hi @Ketan (kumare3) @Niels Bantilan...I'm excited to learn about the new overlay...how should we engage?
k
@Open AIMP can we understand the usecases
We want to understand what is it that you guys want and how are you approaching it
o
Insurance Fraud detection, Insurance Contract Management, Insurance Product Recommendation, Insurance Forecasting, etc. are some of the use-cases.
k
Let's schedule some time next week or rather week after
o
Super. Are you in EST?
k
Pst
o