is it possible to run a read only FlyteAdmin repli...
# ask-the-community
s
is it possible to run a read only FlyteAdmin replica (i.e drop all write requests, do not schedule runs) without patching the server?
k
flyteadmin is stateless, so you can start two flyteadmins in the same time. why do you need to drop write requests in other admin servers?
k
at the service level it is not possible, you can make database have readonly replicas
s
flyteadmin is stateless, so you can start two flyteadmins in the same time
Will there be issues with the scheduler with multiple FlyteAdmin replicas (i.e schedulers adding duplicate work to be performed)?
why do you need to drop write requests in other admin servers?
We want everyone in the team to be able to view the dashboards but only on-callers or specific users to have write access (such as scheduling a workflow, triggering an ad-hoc workflow run, etc). Essentially, a coarse version of RBAC
at the service level it is not possible, you can make database have readonly replicas
this is the second alternative we had in mind 🙂
k
hmm scheduler can be run as a standalone service
look at core
Also @Srinivas Venkattaramanujam do not really understand what you are trying to do - are you trying to implement a cheap RBAC 😛
s
yeah, a cheap RBAC is what I am trying to do with read replicas 😅 I want to run multiple instances for fault tolerance (we looked into union.ai/cloud but we could not find the pricing info so decided to look into at a later time)
k
No worries
But happy to jump on a call and share more info