Hi all - I’m testing some work locally via `flytec...
# ask-the-community
g
Hi all - I’m testing some work locally via
flytectl demo
and it’d be really helpful to pull in some files from S3. Is this possible? I’m getting 403 forbidden errors when I run a pipeline that interns such a file.
k
yes, you can. Update the default env in flyte propeller config map.
Copy code
k8s.yaml: |
    plugins:
      k8s:
        default-cpus: 100m
        default-env-vars:
        - FLYTE_AWS_ENDPOINT: <http://minio.flyte.svc.cluster.local:9000>
        - FLYTE_AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID: minio
        - FLYTE_AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY: miniostorage
        default-memory: 200Mi
flytekit will read these access key and id to before uploading the data
g
Cool thanks - do I modify this somewhere in
~/.flyte/config/
?
k
no, it’s in the Kubernetes.
Copy code
kubectl edit cm flyte-propeller-config
g
Copy code
$ kubectl get configmap --all-namespaces
NAMESPACE                 NAME                                             DATA   AGE
kube-system               extension-apiserver-authentication               6      47m
kube-system               cluster-dns                                      2      47m
flyte                     flyte-sandbox-cluster-resource-templates         1      47m
flyte                     flyte-sandbox-config                             5      47m
flyte                     flyte-sandbox-docker-registry-config             1      47m
flyte                     flyte-sandbox-extra-cluster-resource-templates   0      47m
flyte                     flyte-sandbox-extra-config                       0      47m
flyte                     flyte-sandbox-proxy-config                       1      47m
flyte                     kubernetes-dashboard-settings                    0      47m
kube-system               local-path-config                                4      47m
default                   kube-root-ca.crt                                 1      46m
kube-system               kube-root-ca.crt                                 1      46m
kube-public               kube-root-ca.crt                                 1      46m
kube-node-lease           kube-root-ca.crt                                 1      46m
flyte                     kube-root-ca.crt                                 1      46m
kube-system               coredns                                          2      47m
flytesnacks-development   kube-root-ca.crt                                 1      46m
flytesnacks-staging       kube-root-ca.crt                                 1      46m
flytesnacks-production    kube-root-ca.crt                                 1      46m
Doesn’t look like I have that locally?
k
sorry, I forgot we are using single binary in the demo cluster. it should be in the flyte-sandbox-config
kubectl edit cm flyte-sandbox-config
g
no problem at all - thank you for helping!
looking now
here’s what I see that looks relevant:
Copy code
003-storage.yaml: |
    propeller:
      rawoutput-prefix: <s3://my-s3-bucket/data>
    storage:
      type: stow
      stow:
        kind: s3
        config:
          region: us-east-1
          disable_ssl: true
          v2_signing: true
          endpoint: <http://localhost:30002>
          auth_type: accesskey
          access_key_id: minio
          secret_key: miniostorage
      container: my-s3-bucket
  010-inline-config.yaml: |
    plugins:
      k8s:
        default-env-vars:
        - FLYTE_AWS_ENDPOINT: <http://flyte-sandbox-minio.flyte:9000>
        - FLYTE_AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID: minio
        - FLYTE_AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY: miniostorage
Maybe I need to modify
storage
too?
ah - there was more, looks like I already had the aws keys you suggested i add
k
if you want flyteadmin to save some metadata in your s3. you could update storage config. if you only want to read the data from your own s3 bucket instead minio, you only need to update default-env-vars
should change to your aws s3 access key and id
Copy code
FLYTE_AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID: minio
FLYTE_AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY: miniostorage
g
yeah, this is all I need:
Copy code
if you only want to read the data from your own s3 bucket instead minio, you only need to update default-env-vars
looks like they were already set to
minio
and
miniostorage
Here’s the actual log from the k8s job that’s failing to pull:
Copy code
{
  "asctime": "2023-03-09 22:04:39,613",
  "name": "flytekit",
  "levelname": "ERROR",
  "message": "Exception when trying to execute ['aws', '--endpoint-url', '<http://flyte-sandbox-minio.flyte:9000>', 's3', 'cp', 's3://$BUCKET_NAME/$FILENAME', '/tmp/flytexbbrupf4/local_flytekit/576657f4df3e38f46453a5c45b8eb0c0/$FILENAME'], reason: Called process exited with error code: 1.  Stderr dump:\n\nb'fatal error: An error occurred (403) when calling the HeadObject operation: Forbidden\\n'"
}