Anyone managed to get flyte onto an AWS EKS cluste...
# ask-the-community
r
Anyone managed to get flyte onto an AWS EKS cluster. I have some questions regarding what needs to be done. I’m following the single cluster instructions, and its basically getting stuck.
d
@Alex Papanicolaou recently shared his experience on this repo: https://github.com/alexifm/flyte-eks-deployment @Radhakrishna Sanka where in the process are you getting stuck?
r
I tried following this guide: https://docs.flyte.org/en/latest/deployment/deployment/cloud_simple.html I’m not using okta (wanted to get the process down correctly)
d
got it, so what specific questions you have in terms of deployment to EKS?
r
Well I’m at the step :
Copy code
helm install flyte-backend flyteorg/flyte-binary --dry-run --namespace flyte --values eks.yaml
and its just stuck (?) like theres no response or fail message, its just stuck I’ve let it run for about 2 hours but there seems to be no response
Thats it, no response
I’m gonna try following the guide and see what happens
d
are you using a different values file? the guide invokes
eks-starter.yaml
r
Yup !
I think I’ll try the other guide you referred to now. And try it from scratch
I’ll also try to install something to the EKS manually so that I can make sure that there’s nothing misconfigured on my machine
d
I’ll also try to install something to the EKS manually so that I can make sure that there’s nothing misconfigured on my machine
Good idea Please report back any findings
r
Will do, also Okta is no longer supported (the team got acquired recently)
j
Hey @David Espejo (he/him), I'm following the Flute documentation on Single Cluster Deployment and I ran into this challenge, in case you cant open the screenshot, my flyte container is stuck on the status: Waiting - PodInitializing. with the argument:
Copy code
Arguments
start
--config
/etc/flyte/config.d/*.yaml
d
Hi @Jay Phan can you share the logs for the pod?
kubectl get pod -n flyte
kubectl logs <pod-name> -n flyte
j
@David Espejo (he/him) flyte-backend-flyte-binary-6bdf6855cc-rslbx 0/1 Init:0/1 0 9h
Defaulted container "flyte" out of: flyte, wait-for-db (init) Error from server (BadRequest): container "flyte" in pod "flyte-backend-flyte-binary-6bdf6855cc-rslbx" is waiting to start: PodInitializing
also I didnt specify the namespace to be flyte when I created it, would that be a problem?
Also my EKS cluster is a Fargate Linux cluster
d
sorry Jay, I was on a meeting
also I didnt specify the namespace to be flyte when I created it, would that be a problem?
no problem but, can you share the process how did you deployed Flyte?
are you able to connect to your Postgres/RDS instance?
j
@David Espejo (he/him) I created the S3 and RDS instances, Then create the eks cluster by
Copy code
eksctl create cluster --name flytev2 --region us-east-2
I then curl and change the value of eks-starter.yaml And then I run
Copy code
helm install flyte-backend flyteorg/flyte-binary \
    --namespace flyte --values eks-starter.yaml
my wait-for-db init container is running, but the flyte container is stuck on pending
Also Im not sure if this is relevant but my node is running, but it is displaying this warning in the events: Warning InvalidDiskCapacity an hour kubelet invalid capacity 0 on image filesystem
d
I think we'll be able to check this during Office Hours and report here any progress
f
@Jay Phan I think you should follow the link in this message. I had your issue too but I solved it by going through the archived docs here: https://flyte-org.slack.com/archives/CP2HDHKE1/p1678457814542279?thread_ts=1678076792.831259&amp;cid=CP2HDHKE1