We are setting up flyte in GCP, is ingress and FQD...
# ask-the-community
m
We are setting up flyte in GCP, is ingress and FQDN a mandatory requirement for a production ready setup? can we can run the jobs without having a FQDN?
k
They are not mandatory, but thr ui uses rest api and cli uses Grpc. If you are using the single binary setup you should be able to Simply port forward
Cc @jeev
j
👍
i can confirm that you can run flyte on GCP entirely internal to the k8s cluster and port-forward as necessary if registering tasks/workflows or viewing the console.
m
Also could anyone please refer me to some doc which talks about how a continuous integration and continuous deployment look like for a flyte based ml-workflows ?
a
@Mohd Shahid Khan Afridi did you ever find a solution to this? Running into the same problem.
m
@Alex Papanicolaou I was able to utilise the port forwarding inorder to make flyte cli work with remote cluster. For UI console port forwarding didn't help I started using dns
a
Thanks @Mohd Shahid Khan Afridi. I did the same with DNS. Thanks for confirming.
I was able to utilise the port forwarding inorder to make flyte cli work with remote cluster
I have been struggling to get
flytectl
to work with the DNS name and the ingress so I’m going to try this instead since I just got it working on the simple
flyte-binary
deployment.
m
I also faced error connecting flytectl with dns host, for now I am skipping certificate verification by adding below config in my config.yaml file to make it work
Copy code
admin:
 # For GRPC endpoints you might want to use dns:///flyte.myexample.com
 insecure: false
 insecureSkipVerify: true