Hello! I want to know what is the best way to deal...
# ask-the-community
v
Hello! I want to know what is the best way to deal with image files in and between tasks, and if the Flytectl image files do this job in a optimized way. In addiction, when I create an task to download the images and do some operation, when the task is done, it will clean the local storage or do I need to do it manually?
j
your tasks are running in the cluster right? backend should provision ephemeral storage and clean it up once its done I think. Also
pod-task
plug should give you the option to specify custom image to run the task on, i havent used that in a while but last time it has these options 😅
k
not only pod task you can simply pass
container_image
as an option to specify the image. But I assume you are talking about “images” as in “png” etc. Yes in that case, Flytekit will download the images and will be automatically deleted on container exit
j
hahaha duhh 🤦 word image completely changed meaning in my head 🤣
k
haha
v
Cool, but in this situation, the downloaded images only will be deleted after the workflow execution, right? Is there a way to clean the storage after each task?
j
it should be cleaned up once task is done if you are downloading image in the task, well you cant download stuff in worklows anyway 😅 so yeah ephemeral storage will get cleaned up once task is complete (pod is gone)
v
Thanks a lot for your help guys!