Hello everyone :slightly_smiling_face: I am quite ...
# ask-the-community
m
Hello everyone šŸ™‚ I am quite new in flyte and to this channel. I am also a windows user. and I have couple of questions: ā€¢ My first question is about flytectl. anyway to install flytectl on windows? ā€¢ Second question is about pyflyte. I have a remote flyte server and I made a flyte_cluster_config.yaml file that I set the IP of the flyte server. Then I use the pyflyte to run my flyte wf on the cluster with following command:
pyflyte -c flyte_cluster_config.yml run --remote .\workflows\example.py wf --name minaexample
but I get the following error
Copy code
status = StatusCode.UNIMPLEMENTED
        details = ""
        debug_error_string = "UNKNOWN:Error received from peer ipv4:10.32.16.101:80 {created_time:"2023-01-26T06:45:08.745870339+00:00", grpc_status:12, grpc_message:""}"
any ideas what could be a problem?
d
Hi @Mina Fahimi and welcome to the Flyte community 1. flytectl Installation instructions for OSes other than OSX are covered here Basically, a one liner using
curl
, which is typically preinstalled with Windows 10 or newer I'll get back to you for #2 in a bit
s
Regarding #2, could you send the config you're using in your
flyte_cluster_config.yaml
file?
d
Hi @Mina Fahimi Just to continue the follow up from DMs, here the suggested approach for your two issues: 1. I was able to reproduce this on a Windows 10 VM using WSL2, so I'll be filing a new [flyte-ctl] issue describing likely a bug in the
curl
script. Meanwhile, you could download and install directly from https://github.com/flyteorg/flytectl/releases/download/v0.6.4/flytectl_Windows_x86_64.zip 2. Considering your config file, the endpoint seems to be pointing to a different port.
Copy code
admin:
  # For GRPC endpoints you might want to use dns:///flyte.myexample.com
  endpoint: dns:///flyte.10.32.16.101.nip.io:80
  authType: Pkce
  insecure: true
logger:
  show-source: true
  level: 0
According to docs, it should be 30081 Please let us know if any of this is helpful for you
d
Issue -> #3290
m
@David Espejo (he/him) Thanks for the help, I will come back to you soon today and let you if I could resolve the problem