I have ContainerTasks without any outputs, but it ...
# ask-the-community
f
I have ContainerTasks without any outputs, but it still creates the copilot uploader sidecar, which then exits immediately marking the pod as not ready... Would be better if the sidecar is not even created in the first place, and there is a check for that in https://github.com/flyteorg/flyteplugins/blob/master/go/tasks/pluginmachinery/flytek8s/copilot.go#L243 Seems like a bug, any pointers to debug this further?
k
This is indeed a bug
Let me see the code
I guess it is an empty map?
Can you set outputs as none
If that works we can patch the empty check
f
I don't set any
outputs
for
ContainerTask
and there it defaults to
None
. So maybe it gets converted somewhere else in flytekit?
k
Protobuf
@Felix Ruess you are right! This has changed. But we should check for none
And empty
f
jep
should I create an issue for it or are you tracking it already @Ketan (kumare3)?
d
^ best to create an issue for it so we can track the change.
f
d
@Felix Ruess to continue conversation here. In testing your example, yes the sidecar uploader is starting when it shouldn't. But it gracefully fails with:
Copy code
{
  "json": {},
  "level": "info",
  "msg": "Empty output interface received. Assuming void outputs. Sidecar will exit immediately.",
  "ts": "2023-01-26T16:03:36Z"
}
so this does not effect correctness right? Or are you seeing something different?
I will certainly make the flyteplugins change to not even start the uploader container, but just want to make sure I understand this.
f
The task runs fine, yes. I just get stupid logs and alerts that I have unready pods.