Hey <@UNZB4NW3S>, I recall you mentioned a while b...
# ask-the-community
r
Hey @Ketan (kumare3), I recall you mentioned a while back in one of our syncs that the metadata fields to expose users who submitted workflows may be available by the API but isn't exposed in the frontend today/it'd be possible to specify a "user" even without auth (basically so we can identify runs in the UI based on the user who launched it). Do you have any other color here/could someone give me some pointers?
There are a number of UI improvements in flyteconsole that we're looking into & I'd be willing to even temporarily run a forked version for a while as we iterate on our ideal UX. Happy to chat more about this too
We've got a hackathon coming up and might tee some of these improvements up as a project :)
k
hurrah!
we would love to have you guys go over all your improvements in one of the community syncs and then contribute them
r
Sounds good. If you guys have this/would be willing to share, can throw some figma mocks together quickly to illustrate what we’re thinking about
k
actually wait i am not seeing the principal field
sorry disregard previous one
you can populate the execution metadata from pyflyte run and it should be allowed only if auth is disabled
r
My understanding is that
principal
won't be rendered in flyteconsole today but that's pretty simple to wire up; is that accurate?
k
yup
should be trivial
its already in the payload
r
Awesome. Thanks a bunch @Ketan (kumare3)!
k
we actually have in our own mock up
r
Happy to share a set of UX improvements in a community sync in the near term