Hi Flyte team, I want to confirm that “Show only A...
# flytekit
d
Hi Flyte team, I want to confirm that “Show only Archived Workflows” shows archived-only, but unchecking the box doesn’t show Archived workflows during search? Am I doing something wrong, or is the wording of the checkbox misleading?
s
Do you mean to say the search has to return archived workflows in addition to the unarchived workflows?
y
i think the wording is misleading… @Jason Porter can you verify the filter that gets applied to the admin request?
j
Yeah @Dave Liu - I suppose this is poor wording but the intended behavior is that users can see/search only either archived or unarchived (ie, it is not "include" archived but rather a toggle between show only archived or show only unarchived). That said we're definitely open to suggestions on how we could word this better - or even if you have ideas of a different experience in general?
d
So I had a workflow that I was looking for, and couldn’t find it until I realized I had to select for only-archived, which then prevented me from comparing against the currently-existing workflow names (names contain detailed info)
I guess if default could be to search across everything, with two options: Archived and un-archived, that would be helpful. I’m not sure if that would cause scaling issues with the search functionality though.
j
I see what you're saying; what if we made the toggle to be inclusive rather than reductive - meaning clicking 'show archived' would toggle include archived within the search rather than having the toggle filter out all non-archived? Would that work?
d
Definitely, and if that’s easier I’d say that’d be helpful
So then the toggle could be “hide/show Archived” instead of “only / not only”
j
Okay let us look into this (to make sure there isn't some sort of performance/UX constraint, etc) but i'll cut an issue regardless to track it and keep you updated 👍 https://github.com/flyteorg/flyteconsole/issues/661