Hello, is there a way to inject parameter values t...
# flyte-deployment
n
Hello, is there a way to inject parameter values to a packaged flyte artifact during registration. What i am essentially looking for is, i want a launchplan who’s default value for a workflow parameter is set dynamically during registration (assume during deployment to different aws accounts)
s
I’m not sure that’s possible. @Eduardo Apolinario (eapolinario), can you confirm?
e
@Nada Saiyed, how are creating these launchplans?
n
@Eduardo Apolinario (eapolinario) Using flytekit. It need not be launchplans specifically. Is there any way we can input any values during registration?
@Eduardo Apolinario (eapolinario) is it possible, perhaps to provide inputs generated dynamically via workflow execution config? Or is there anything similar flytectl offers?
e
@Nada Saiyed, I'm still not sure how you're defining these launch plans, but from the looks of it you'd benefit from programmatic access to the flyte api via flyteremote. Let us know if that's not enough or you were thinking about a different kind of interaction.
n
This is how i am currently defining the launchplans. and yes, flyteRemote is an option, but i was wondering if its possible to update launchplans using
flytectl
just way like we can do with flyteremote These are the operations i am looking for
Copy code
LaunchPlan.get_or_create..
# update the launchplan accordingly
remote.register_launch_plan..