Hello Flyte community, I have a question related t...
# ask-the-community
e
Hello Flyte community, I have a question related to cloud events. There is an integration with Kafka, and what I found so far is that you can configure: - Brokers - Topic name - Events types - Kafka Version As I can see almost default config is used here: https://github.com/flyteorg/flyteadmin/blob/master/pkg/async/cloudevent/factory.go#L65-L67 Is there a way to configure Kafka authentication method? Maybe there are hidden ways to do that, for example using env variables? Sorry, I'm not very familiar with Sarama library which is used for the integration.
s
cc: @Kevin Su
k
The default sender doesn’t have any authentication now. we can add some config for credential in here, and update the sender based on the config. Which Authentication Methods you are using? we can add those config you need to admin first.
e
Thanks @Kevin Su for a quick reply! Currently we use SASL_PLAIN, I think sasl_mechanism can be configurable. That would be really nice to have this configuration possibility!
@Kevin Su do you have maybe a ticket number for implementation tracking?
s
Kevin's currently out of office; he'll back after a couple of days. @Eduardo Apolinario (eapolinario), is there an issue?
e
e
Hello @Eduardo Apolinario (eapolinario) @Kevin Su is there any ETA for implementing this ticket? My team is waiting for this feature to be implemented.
@Eduardo Apolinario (eapolinario) @Kevin Su kindly nudging 🙂
e
@Evgeny Romanov, sorry for the delay. The team is heads down busy with higher pri features. That said, contributions are welcome, especially if you already have an environment to test / iterate on this feature. 🙂