• j

Josh Kilts

3 weeks ago
    đź‘‹ Hello everyone. I'm exploring flyte as a potential tool for my team and have a question I can't seem find an answer to: Is there any mechanism for configuring the python runtime environment for a task? Other tools I've explored have allowed me to pass in a list of packages (or a requirements.txt) and I'm looking for something similar.
  • Yee

Yee

3 weeks ago
    there is currently not, though this is something I would love to spend time thinking about.
  • it wouldn’t be too hard to build this out as an extension - perhaps a script that runs that installs everything before the task is run.
  • but that’s inefficient… or you can somehow detect changes to these requirements and build images for each.
  • but that gets flyte into image building, which is not something we quite have the resources to tackle atm
  • j

Josh Kilts

3 weeks ago
    Thanks for the response. Creating my own image isn't the worst thing in the world but yeah, passing in a list of packages would be convenient
  • Yee

Yee

3 weeks ago
    i will plug however that if your requirements don’t change, you don’t have to rebuild each time.
  • as long as you’re just updating your code… that is shipped separately and auto installed before running.
  • and please upvote the issue if you like the idea.
  • it helps us keep track of popular requests
  • j

Josh Kilts

3 weeks ago
    I will do that, thanks again for the response!
  • Ketan (kumare3)

Ketan (kumare3)

3 weeks ago
    @Josh Kilts pleasure to meet with you
  • welcome to the community