I’m posting this separately because I think the pr...
# ask-the-community
t
I’m posting this separately because I think the previous message would confuse others. I use windows. I tried installing flytectl using my vs code terminal (cmd) but I can’t upgrade or check the version of flytectl. I installed it inside my project folder, then I also installed it inside my user folder (C:\Users\user\) and also added the PATH (C:\Users\user\bin) to my environment. Under the bin folder, I can see the flytectl file, but when I try the code
flytectl upgrade
or
flytectl version
my terminal returns this error:
Copy code
'flytectl' is not recognized as an internal or external command
That’s where I’m stuck. Do you have any suggestions? 😞 BTW, I used:
Copy code
curl -sL <https://ctl.flyte.org/install> | bash
and got this:
Copy code
flyteorg/flytectl info checking GitHub for latest tag
flyteorg/flytectl info found version: 0.6.4 for v0.6.4/Linux/x86_64
flyteorg/flytectl info installed ./bin/flytectl
My concern is whether flytectl can be used on Windows or not! Because someone else tried to reproduce this error using a Windows machine and received the same error. Does any Windows user could use flytectl?
s
Hi, @Taeef Najib!
flytectl
should work on Windows. Have you tried specifying the full path, like
./bin/flytectl version
? I know this isn’t an efficient way but should work.
👍 1
t
@Samhita Alla let me try that. I’ll post an update if it works. Thanks
👍 1
@Samhita Alla it didn't work, unfortunately
s
Oh, but you do have flytectl in bin, right? Can you try
C:\Users\<user>\bin\flytectl version
?
t
@Samhita Alla it didn't work. Here's what it returned:
Copy code
(Flyte01) C:\Users\User\ML\Flyte01>C:\Users\User\bin\flytectl version
'C:\Users\User\bin\flytectl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
e
@Taeef Najib, are you using WSL? In your initial message you mentioned that you're seeing
flyteorg/flytectl info found version: 0.6.4 for v0.6.4/Linux/x86_64
, which probably indicates that you downloaded the linux binary. We ship windows binaries (e.g. https://github.com/flyteorg/flytectl/releases/download/v0.6.4/flytectl_Windows_x86_64.zip), so we might have a bug in the original script you used to download the binary.
t
@Eduardo Apolinario (eapolinario) You’re the best! It WORKED!!! Thank you so soo much. This is one of the most awesome community I’ve ever come across! 😄 😄 😄
🎉 3