seeing a weird issue with flyteadmin when upgradin...
# announcements
j
seeing a weird issue with flyteadmin when upgrading from 0.6.44 -> 0.6.104:
Copy code
time="2022-02-28T20:30:40Z" level=info msg="Using config file: [/etc/flyte/config/allowed_origins.yaml /etc/flyte/config/cluster_resources.yaml /etc/flyte/config/core.yaml /etc/flyte/config/db.yaml /etc/flyte/config/domain.yaml /etc/flyte/config/logger.yaml /etc/flyte/config/server.yaml /etc/flyte/config/storage-limits.yaml /etc/flyte/config/storage.yaml /etc/flyte/config/task_resource_defaults.yaml]"
{"json":{"src":"migrate.go:107"},"level":"fatal","msg":"failed to connect to `host=cloud-sql-proxy user=flyte database=flyte`: server error (ERROR: SSL required (SQLSTATE 08P01))","ts":"2022-02-28T20:30:40Z"}

2022/02/28 20:30:40 /go/src/github.com/flyteorg/flyteadmin/pkg/repositories/database.go:102
[error] failed to initialize database, got error failed to connect to `host=cloud-sql-proxy user=flyte database=flyte`: server error (ERROR: SSL required (SQLSTATE 08P01))
admin db config:
Copy code
database:
  port: 5432
  username: flyte
  host: cloud-sql-proxy
  dbname: flyte
  options: sslmode=require
  passwordPath: /etc/db/FLYTE_DB_PASSWORD
datacatalog that shares that same config starts up fine
h
looking… @jeev
j
ok i can confirm that it works in 0.6.99 but breaks in 0.6.100:
h
very possibly yeah… @katrina is out though… she’s back tomorrow… so trying to look into that…
j
hmm wonder if its related to having a newline in my passwordPath file
lol
h
So the released versions of all components can be found here: https://github.com/flyteorg/flyte/blob/v0.19.2/charts/flyte-core/values.yaml I would stick with these versions in your “prod” clusters… as we all validate newer versions of different components…
nvm no newline in my password path file
oh interesting
@Haytham Abuelfutuh: wow ok i totally messed up the versions
my bad
i was looking at the head tag instead of 0.19.2
h
I just tried deploying the latest admin to a staging cluster and it also failed… looking into this..
j
👍
switching to the supported versions unblocks me though
thanks 🙂
s
Here's the issue I've opened when I ran into this: https://github.com/flyteorg/flyte/issues/2211
k
ah hey folks we updated the db config yaml block in flyteadmin but it should be backwards compatible (fingers crossed) is there anyway you could paste a (redacted) version of your db config block?
ah nvm I missed that Haytham reproduced this above. will debug with that
👍 1