Hi! is there a way to change the default lunchplan...
# ask-the-community
a
Hi! is there a way to change the default lunchplan for a workflow to be a different lunchplan than the one created automatically?
k
Default is supposed to have the same name and same signature
So ideally no
But you can create more
a
@Ketan (kumare3) by changing the default launchplan I mean If I create a different one with another name, I want that one to be selected by default when I press the button to manually launch a workflow. because it's boring to every time manually choose a launchplan from the select box. I want it to be selected by default.
e
@Arshak Ulubabyan, one more clarifying question on this. Do you mean to change the default launchplan or just the default launchplan selected in the flyteconsole launch form?
a
@Eduardo Apolinario (eapolinario) for my workflow I have created a manual execution launchplan on which I set custom security context, etc. And as I always run the workflow with that launchplan I created, I want that launchplan to be preselected in the flyteconsole launch form (instead of the default launchplan created automatically by Flyte). The goal is to reduce the number of clicks necessary to run my workflow ๐Ÿ™‚ But alternatively, if there is a possibility to modify the default launchplan created by Flyte ( so I could set the right security context), that would also serve my needs. Does this make sense?
e
got it, yes, thanks for clarifying. I'll get back to you shortly, ok?
a
Thanks!
k
Every entity in Flyte is immutable, so I think we canโ€™t update the default launch plan. And for now, the default launch plan is always the one we first created. To support changing the default LP, I think we need to add another table in postgres to store the default LP for every WF, which will introduce a new api (UpdateDefaultLaunch) in LuanchPlanManager in flyteadmin. wdyt @Eduardo Apolinario (eapolinario)
d
Hi Any updates on this? Should this request be captured on an issue?
e
No updates. @David Espejo (he/him), can you open an issue to capture this?
d
[flyte-ui]
s
๐Ÿ’ป Create a Flyte UI Feature Request issue: https://github.com/flyteorg/flyteconsole/issues/new
d
#666 issue in the
flyte-console
repo. Iron Maiden vibes ๐Ÿ™‚