Hello guys! I need some help. We are doing some ...
# announcements
l
Hello guys! I need some help. We are doing some testing with flyte in the AWS environment with ALB. But I'm having trouble trying to run the example code:
Copy code
import typing
import pandas as pd
import numpy as np

from flytekit import task, workflow

@task
def generate_normal_df(n:int, mean: float, sigma: float) -> pd.DataFrame:
    return pd.DataFrame({"numbers": np.random.normal(mean, sigma,size=n)})

@task
def compute_stats(df: pd.DataFrame) -> typing.Tuple[float, float]:
    return float(df["numbers"].mean()), float(df["numbers"].std())

@workflow
def wf(n: int = 200, mean: float = 0.0, sigma: float = 1.0) -> typing.Tuple[float, float]:
    return compute_stats(df=generate_normal_df(n=n, mean=mean, sigma=sigma))
When I run the code using the local cluster using flytectl demo start (k3s) it works. But in production environment using EKS and ALB does not work.
Copy code
pyflyte run --remote example.py wf --n 500 --mean 42 --sigma 2                                                                                     SIGINT(2) ↵  10055  17:06:22 
{"asctime": "2022-05-06 17:06:31,287", "name": "flytekit.cli", "levelname": "ERROR", "message": "Non-auth RPC error <_InactiveRpcError of RPC that terminated with:\n\tstatus = StatusCode.UNAVAILABLE\n\tdetails = \"failed to connect to all addresses\"\n\tdebug_error_string = \"{\"created\":\"@1651867591.287595583\",\"description\":\"Failed to pick subchannel\",\"file\":\"src/core/ext/filters/client_channel/client_channel.cc\",\"file_line\":3128,\"referenced_errors\":[{\"created\":\"@1651867591.287594125\",\"description\":\"failed to connect to all addresses\",\"file\":\"src/core/lib/transport/error_utils.cc\",\"file_line\":163,\"grpc_status\":14}]}\"\n>, sleeping 200ms and retrying"}
{"asctime": "2022-05-06 17:06:32,274", "name": "flytekit.cli", "levelname": "ERROR", "message": "Non-auth RPC error <_InactiveRpcError of RPC that terminated with:\n\tstatus = StatusCode.UNAVAILABLE\n\tdetails = \"failed to connect to all addresses\"\n\tdebug_error_string = \"{\"created\":\"@1651867592.274550785\",\"description\":\"Failed to pick subchannel\",\"file\":\"src/core/ext/filters/client_channel/client_channel.cc\",\"file_line\":3128,\"referenced_errors\":[{\"created\":\"@1651867592.274550285\",\"description\":\"failed to connect to all addresses\",\"file\":\"src/core/lib/transport/error_utils.cc\",\"file_line\":163,\"grpc_status\":14}]}\"\n>, sleeping 400ms and retrying"}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/pyflyte", line 8, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/home/lalmeida/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1128, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/lalmeida/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1053, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/home/lalmeida/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1659, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/home/lalmeida/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1659, in invoke
  File "/home/lalmeida/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1395, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/home/lalmeida/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 754, in invoke
    return __callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/flytekit/clis/sdk_in_container/run.py", line 471, in _run
    wf = remote.register_script(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/flytekit/remote/remote.py", line 536, in register_script
    upload_location, md5_bytes = fast_register_single_script(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/flytekit/tools/script_mode.py", line 117, in fast_register_single_script
    upload_location = create_upload_location_fn(content_md5=md5)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/flytekit/clients/friendly.py", line 998, in get_upload_signed_url
    return super(SynchronousFlyteClient, self).create_upload_location(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/flytekit/clients/raw.py", line 40, in handler
    return fn(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/flytekit/clients/raw.py", line 834, in create_upload_location
    return self._dataproxy_stub.CreateUploadLocation(create_upload_location_request, metadata=self._metadata)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/grpc/_channel.py", line 946, in __call__
    return _end_unary_response_blocking(state, call, False, None)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/grpc/_channel.py", line 849, in _end_unary_response_blocking
    raise _InactiveRpcError(state)
grpc._channel._InactiveRpcError: <_InactiveRpcError of RPC that terminated with:
	status = StatusCode.UNAVAILABLE
	details = "failed to connect to all addresses"
	debug_error_string = "{"created":"@1651867592.675517306","description":"Failed to pick subchannel","file":"src/core/ext/filters/client_channel/client_channel.cc","file_line":3128,"referenced_errors":[{"created":"@1651867592.675516568","description":"failed to connect to all addresses","file":"src/core/lib/transport/error_utils.cc","file_line":163,"grpc_status":14}]}"
Do you have any ideas? I'm using helm with values-eks.yaml
y
unavailable means it can’t even find the endpoint i believe
can you paste your
~/.flyte/config.yaml
and
~/.flyte/config
file if they exist, and also
env | grep -i flyte
and the flyte UI works right?
who is doing your ingress?
is it the alb ingress controller?
or is nginx involved?
l
config.yaml
Copy code
admin:
 # For GRPC endpoints you might want to use dns:///flyte.myexample.com
 endpoint: dns:///internal-k8s-flyte-a58b2df7fa-1695464265.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com
 authType: Pkce
 insecure: true # only required when using insecure ingress. Secure ingress may cause an unavailable desc error to true option.
Yes, flyte UI works
y
insecure probably should be false right?
l
It's a alb ingress controller
y
i thought alb came with certs
and when you do kubectl -n flyte get ingress that’s the same address?
the only other thing i can think of is that sometimes the alb isn’t setup to to use HTTP2 Preferred on some setting, or maybe that was an nginx issue
like alpn or something
l
yes
Copy code
kubectl get ingress -n flyte                                                                                                                                   10067  17:46:32  
NAME              CLASS    HOSTS   ADDRESS                                                                PORTS   AGE
flyte-core        <none>   *       <http://internal-k8s-flyte-a58b2df7fa-1695464265.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com|internal-k8s-flyte-a58b2df7fa-1695464265.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com>   80      4h49m
flyte-core-grpc   <none>   *       <http://internal-k8s-flyte-a58b2df7fa-1695464265.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com|internal-k8s-flyte-a58b2df7fa-1695464265.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com>   80      4h49m
y
can you take a look at ingress logs?
do you have time for a quick screenshare in ten mins?
l
I'm sorry, I'm very busy. But now I have another error
Copy code
grpc._channel._InactiveRpcError: <_InactiveRpcError of RPC that terminated with:
	status = StatusCode.UNKNOWN
	details = "failed to create a signed url. Error: WebIdentityErr: failed to retrieve credentials
caused by: ValidationError: Request ARN is invalid
	status code: 400, request id: 6b14cd70-5a90-43a7-a8f2-e03997c937db"
	debug_error_string = "{"created":"@1652131218.092115614","description":"Error received from peer ipv4:10.0.28.93:443","file":"src/core/lib/surface/call.cc","file_line":903,"grpc_message":"failed to create a signed url. Error: WebIdentityErr: failed to retrieve credentials\ncaused by: ValidationError: Request ARN is invalid\n\tstatus code: 400, request id: 6b14cd70-5a90-43a7-a8f2-e03997c937db","grpc_status":2}"
>
y
what was the command that gave this error?
still down to have a quick chat if you are free
l
Now it worked. In the helm in the accountNumber field, it needed single quotes and I wasn't passing it. So the service account was coming in an incorrect format and generating the error.
thank you very much ️
excellent 1