Doing a Flyte POC at HBO Max! Going to have some q...
# ask-the-community
e
Doing a Flyte POC at HBO Max! Going to have some questions coming through in the next week or two when our instance is setup. I was curious if there was a way to dynamically set task resources within workflows. I have more information here https://github.com/flyteorg/flyte/discussions/2610. Thanks for the help!
❤️ 5
k
Firstly @Evan Sadler welcome to the community. We are thankful for you to try out Flyte and hopefully help us improve it through your questions. Also I love hbo - so very happy to help
🎉 1
There is a way, if you are using dynamic you can override the properties based on inputs. In static you can do static overrides
Let me share example or docs
e
Thank you!
k
Also some of it is in the python docs
Even if it does not exist for example super Trivial to add
e
Amazing! Excited to see. Really just knowing it is possible is all I need for now haha. I am hoping that we can use Flyte to build reusable components to bootstrap our DS and ML workflows. Conceptually, I am imagining something the TFX components, but extremely easy to write, use, and extend thanks to the genius that is Flyte.
k
@Evan Sadler you found a missing doc - so sorry that you have to look at the code. But here is the
with_overrides
method that is available on the Node - https://github.com/flyteorg/flytekit/blob/d09a538bd7c56cb211757d21101f08b4301509ad/flytekit/core/node.py#L79
Also thank you for your super generous compliment
So we built Flyte with the purpose of re-usable components
Hopefully soon you will how much fun it can be 😄
for re-usable tasks and workflows - look at Reference Tasks
👍 1
e
I had to use kubeflow pipelines for 2 years and we had to write our own package around KFP to make it useable. I am already having so much more fun with Flyte.
k
ohh great to hear
please join our community sync tomorrow, we have a special treat
🍬 1
e
I just added it to my calendar
k
cc @Smriti Satyan missing docs for
with_overrides
👀 1