Hi Everyone! I’m trying to follow the “Getting Sta...
# ask-the-community
a
Hi Everyone! I’m trying to follow the “Getting Started” document, and on the “Executing Workflows on a Flyte Cluster” step, when I’m running the
pyflyte run --remote example.py wf --n 500 --mean 42 --sigma 2"
command, I’m getting an error:
Copy code
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/anaconda3/envs/flytekit_test/bin/pyflyte", line 8, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/opt/anaconda3/envs/flytekit_test/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1130, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/anaconda3/envs/flytekit_test/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1055, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/opt/anaconda3/envs/flytekit_test/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1657, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/opt/anaconda3/envs/flytekit_test/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1657, in invoke
  File "/opt/anaconda3/envs/flytekit_test/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1404, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/opt/anaconda3/envs/flytekit_test/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 760, in invoke
    return __callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/anaconda3/envs/flytekit_test/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flytekit/clis/sdk_in_container/run.py", line 473, in _run
    wf = remote.register_script(
  File "/opt/anaconda3/envs/flytekit_test/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flytekit/remote/remote.py", line 536, in register_script
    upload_location, md5_bytes = fast_register_single_script(
  File "/opt/anaconda3/envs/flytekit_test/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flytekit/tools/script_mode.py", line 117, in fast_register_single_script
    upload_location = create_upload_location_fn(content_md5=md5)
  File "/opt/anaconda3/envs/flytekit_test/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flytekit/clients/friendly.py", line 998, in get_upload_signed_url
    return super(SynchronousFlyteClient, self).create_upload_location(
  File "/opt/anaconda3/envs/flytekit_test/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flytekit/clients/raw.py", line 40, in handler
    return fn(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/anaconda3/envs/flytekit_test/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flytekit/clients/raw.py", line 834, in create_upload_location
    return self._dataproxy_stub.CreateUploadLocation(create_upload_location_request, metadata=self._metadata)
  File "/opt/anaconda3/envs/flytekit_test/lib/python3.8/site-packages/grpc/_channel.py", line 946, in __call__
    return _end_unary_response_blocking(state, call, False, None)
  File "/opt/anaconda3/envs/flytekit_test/lib/python3.8/site-packages/grpc/_channel.py", line 849, in _end_unary_response_blocking
    raise _InactiveRpcError(state)
grpc._channel._InactiveRpcError: <_InactiveRpcError of RPC that terminated with:
        status = StatusCode.UNAVAILABLE
        details = "failed to connect to all addresses"
        debug_error_string = "{"created":"@1654765336.255436000","description":"Failed to pick subchannel","file":"src/core/ext/filters/client_channel/client_channel.cc","file_line":3218,"referenced_errors":[{"created":"@1654765336.255435000","description":"failed to connect to all addresses","file":"src/core/lib/transport/error_utils.cc","file_line":165,"grpc_status":14}]}"
Any idea what could be the issue? Also at “Creating a Demo Flyte Cluster” section there is a note: “Make sure to export the
KUBECONFIG
and
FLYTECTL_CONFIG
environment variables in your shell, replacing
<username>
with your actual username.“, but I have no idea what should the the values for these vars. Is it somewhere described that I missed?
nevermind, after several tries it just worked without any change
👍 3
k
I don’t like that you needed several retries
Is it because dockerhub throttling