Thread
#introductions
    George Odette

George Odette

4 months ago
    Hi everyone. I am molecular biologist Working on NGS sequencing data from Kenya. I'm interested in building workflows through the Latch Sdk. I'm still new to workflows using flyte. Hoping to learn the details.
    Ketan (kumare3)

Ketan (kumare3)

4 months ago
    Welcome to the community steve
    Martin Stein

Martin Stein

4 months ago
    Hi, Steve. Welcome to the community.
    George Odette

George Odette

4 months ago
    Thanks for the kind gestures
    Kirk Gosik

Kirk Gosik

4 months ago
    Hi Steve! I'm interested in NGS workflows as well! Let me know if you ever want to chat about something or bounce ideas off each other
    George Odette

George Odette

3 months ago
    Hi @Kirk Gosik sorry to have missed this. But Oo yea definitely. Let me hook up to chat interests.
    Kirk Gosik

Kirk Gosik

3 months ago
    Sounds good. Let me know some times that work for you
    I'm still getting down the basics but I have written NGS workflows in snakemake and WDL before
    George Odette

George Odette

3 months ago
    Sounds great. I'm currently scripting workflows with latch. They actually use the flyte syntax. Done nextflow as well.
    Ketan (kumare3)

Ketan (kumare3)

3 months ago
    this is great to hear
    please definitely leave comments or file issues, if you feel we can improve certain things
    George Odette

George Odette

3 months ago
    Cool. One of the concerns is passing files. Adjustments have been made to return multiple file outputs. Is there a better way to handle multiple file inputs. Say input multiple files is a directory and want the command to process each file? I'm currently using a for loop. Don't know if there are other ways
    Ketan (kumare3)

Ketan (kumare3)

3 months ago
    @George Odette do you mean, using one container to execute one file - and use something like
    map task
    on directories?
    George Odette

George Odette

3 months ago
    So I've not used a map task before. But it might be different. Assuming I have a directory containing about 100 files, and I want to perform a trimming task to each file, would a map task be convinient? I'll hang on one of your office hours
    Ketan (kumare3)

Ketan (kumare3)

3 months ago
    sure lets do that
    good to understand the usecase
    there are tradeoffs
    George Odette

George Odette

3 months ago
    Cool. That would be tomorrow?
    Ketan (kumare3)

Ketan (kumare3)