Hi everyone. I am molecular biologist Working on N...
# introductions
g
Hi everyone. I am molecular biologist Working on NGS sequencing data from Kenya. I'm interested in building workflows through the Latch Sdk. I'm still new to workflows using flyte. Hoping to learn the details.
👋 7
k
Welcome to the community steve
m
Hi, Steve. Welcome to the community.
g
Thanks for the kind gestures
k
Hi Steve! I'm interested in NGS workflows as well! Let me know if you ever want to chat about something or bounce ideas off each other
flyte 1
g
Hi @Kirk Gosik sorry to have missed this. But Oo yea definitely. Let me hook up to chat interests.
👍 1
k
Sounds good. Let me know some times that work for you
I'm still getting down the basics but I have written NGS workflows in snakemake and WDL before
g
Sounds great. I'm currently scripting workflows with latch. They actually use the flyte syntax. Done nextflow as well.
k
this is great to hear
please definitely leave comments or file issues, if you feel we can improve certain things
g
Cool. One of the concerns is passing files. Adjustments have been made to return multiple file outputs. Is there a better way to handle multiple file inputs. Say input multiple files is a directory and want the command to process each file? I'm currently using a for loop. Don't know if there are other ways
k
@George Odette do you mean, using one container to execute one file - and use something like
map task
on directories?
g
So I've not used a map task before. But it might be different. Assuming I have a directory containing about 100 files, and I want to perform a trimming task to each file, would a map task be convinient? I'll hang on one of your office hours
k
sure lets do that
good to understand the usecase
there are tradeoffs
g
Cool. That would be tomorrow?
k
its on wednesdays
g
That's cool.
❤️ 1