Hey! No idea why pods are not successfully deploye...
# ask-the-community
h
Hey! No idea why pods are not successfully deployed, Following doc as it is https://docs.flyte.org/en/latest/deployment/gcp/manual.html#deployment-gcp-manual
h
Can you attempt to get the logs?
kubectl logs -n flyte svc/flyteadmin -c run-migrations
h
message has been deleted
k
@Hafsa Junaid are you using M1 Mac ?
h
its ubuntu 20.4 on hp
h
kubectl logs -n flyte flyteadmin-<pod I'd> -c run-migrations
You may want to add -p to the command
h
message has been deleted
same error
h
The error is that it's trying to connect to database on host "postgres".. but that doesn't sound right... Where is the db located?
h
db is on GCP postgressql instance
sql private IP is configured correctly
p
Hi @Hafsa Junaid did these verification steps run successfully for you from the doc which uses a postgres client . “Verify connectivity to the DB from the GKE cluster.”
h
Hi @Prafulla Mahindrakar What should be the output of that command? I am getting this. For both Public and Private SQL IP.
Whereas I am able to connect to psql with my local system through Public IP
p
Hi @Hafsa Junaid the instance should be accessible over the private ip and not the public ip as flyteadmin is not expected to go over the internet to connect to db. Check if you have configured the private ip correctly for the sql instance . The test is basically creating a pod on the eks cluster and making sure the eks cluster is able to connect on the private ip
h
Thanks, @Prafulla Mahindrakar I am understanding this. At this point in time, the SQL and gke connectivity is successful with Public IP as a host. I have used the same Public IP to deploy helm chart in gcp-values file. It should work now? But pods are still failing
p
For external public IP access I suppose we would need an egress configuration which is not provided with flyte deployment . also it’s a security issue to keep a publically accessible DB. I would suggest first try with private ip to make things work and if you are ok with keeping db publically accessible then we can investigate the egress route.
h
Connection is failing with Private IP. For now, we can keep it DB public, and will work on security once done with successful deployment.
p
Not a networking expert here but i will have @Haytham Abuelfutuh or someone who has tried such a setup help here. Currently the deployment guide was produced for Private IP config only
Here is some guide for Private IP available from GCP docs. https://cloud.google.com/sql/docs/postgres/configure-private-ip#console
👍 1