Hey community, is it possible to use LDAP for auth...
# flyte-deployment
h
Hey community, is it possible to use LDAP for authentication, has somebody already done that? We use an OpenLDAP system for authentication at our company and I have a hard time figuring out how or even if that could be integrated into Flyte's authentication system based on OpenID Connect. Would a server like https://canaille.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ be the way to go? Thanks
k
So Flyte ships with oauth2 framework and supports auth using either a full oauth2 system like Okta etc or authn frontend like oidc This looks cool, I think someone used ldap? Cc @Haytham Abuelfutuh
h
Thanks. Any hint on using an LDAP system would be well appreciated 🙏
k
@Hanno Küpers as ping as you can work with oauth2. I think @Hampus Rosvall user ldap?
h
We are using Azure AD, but it should work with any of the IdP. Which issues are you facing @Hanno Küpers?
h
I am pretty new to that authentication topic and was trying to understand if the auth integration in Flyte can be used with an OpenLDAP server. Now it seems like there needs to be some Identity Provider in between. Then, I guess it will be easier to directly use another system like gitlab as OAuth2 Identity Provider.