Hi, I was working on registering a task to execute...
# ask-the-community
c
Hi, I was working on registering a task to execute it whenever needed and i was able to register and run the task from the flyte -console but when i tried to create a execution for the same task using command line i was able to retrieve the task using the command:
flytectl get task --project flytesnacks --domain development {taskname} --latest --execFile exec_spec.yaml
and this modified the
exec_spec.yaml
and it looks like this:
Copy code
iamRoleARN: ""
inputs: {}
kubeServiceAcct: ""
targetDomain: ""
targetProject: ""
task: {taskname}
version: "1.0"
and i tried to create an execution with the following command :
flytectl create execution --execFile exec_spec.yaml -p flytesnacks -d development --targetProject flytesnacks
and it throws an error like:
Copy code
Error: rpc error: code = Internal desc = failed to create workflow in propeller json: error calling MarshalJSON for type *v1alpha1.Inputs: Marshal called with nil
s
@Chandramoulee K V, I’m guessing you need to send inputs to the task. Does your task accept inputs?
c
The task doesnt have any inputs its basically getting the dataset from the url we have provided it basically reads the data from the dataset and splits the train and test data
s
@Prafulla Mahindrakar, any idea why this might be happening?
c
The code is there in the documentation of flyte. I took the svm_trainer task had a main function to call this task and registered this script with a custom docker image i created. It ran in the console successfully the command line part is where the issue occurs
p
Hi @Chandramoulee K V, is this multi cluster or single cluster setup of flyte . Also can you provide more details on the flyteconsole execution and logs corresponding to admin for the same . And also when you create exeuction from flytectl can you provide logs from admin aswell. Also what version of k8s cluster are you using
Was more interested in flyteadmin pod logs during that duration.the one you posted seem to be from the execution pod
c
Hi got the flyteadmin logs here please check
Copy code
{"json":{"exec_id":"afj52mbm7qn9g4plf5nr"},"level":"warning","msg":"Failed to fetch override values when assigning task resource default values for [resource_type:WORKFLOW project:\"flytesnacks\" domain:\"development\" name:\".flytegen.task1train.svm_trainer\" version:\"1.0\" ]: Resource [{Project:flytesnacks Domain:development Workflow:.flytegen.task1train.svm_trainer LaunchPlan: ResourceType:TASK_RESOURCE}] not found","ts":"2022-09-29T09:48:52Z"}
{"json":{"exec_id":"afj52mbm7qn9g4plf5nr"},"level":"warning","msg":"Failed to fetch override values when assigning execution queue for [{ResourceType:WORKFLOW Project:flytesnacks Domain:development Name:.flytegen.task1train.svm_trainer Version:1.0 XXX_NoUnkeyedLiteral:{} XXX_unrecognized:[] XXX_sizecache:0}] with err: Resource [{Project:flytesnacks Domain:development Workflow:.flytegen.task1train.svm_trainer LaunchPlan: ResourceType:EXECUTION_QUEUE}] not found","ts":"2022-09-29T09:48:52Z"}
{"json":{"exec_id":"afj52mbm7qn9g4plf5nr"},"level":"warning","msg":"Setting security context from auth Role","ts":"2022-09-29T09:48:52Z"}
p
This doesn’t show much info . can you try by removing the inputs parameter in execFile and try . The way UI and flytectl are building the execution spec might be different and hence you are seeing this issue.
c
Tried it still got the same error on execution
Copy code
Error: rpc error: code = Internal desc = failed to create workflow in propeller json: error calling MarshalJSON for type *v1alpha1.Inputs: Marshal called with nil
p
Can you help with creating a bug in flytectl and describe the complete repro steps along with the workflow/task example thats encountering this issue. You can create one here https://github.com/flyteorg/flyte/issues