Is there any general interest in a `flytectl diff`...
# flyte-deployment
r
Is there any general interest in a
flytectl diff
feature (or does a version of this functionality already exist somewhere)? We'd like to implement a custom controller for Flux CD to manage Flyte project/domain/tra/cra config in a declarative manner that's consistent w/ the rest of our gitops infra. Based on this example, if
diff
was supported this seems like it'd be fairly straightforward. Curious if anyone else has thoughts/if others are applying gitops patterns to managing Flyte resources
y
sorry not quite following. how do you envision this being used?
can you give me an example?
r
Hey @Yee, happy to provide some more details: • For K8s resources, one can use
kubectl diff -f ...
to diff a set of manifests against the current cluster state • I could envision a similar feature in
flytectl
where one could diff a resource (ie. a project configuration defined in yaml). For ex, if the description in a project yaml changed, running
flytectl diff project -f project.yaml
would output the delta between the state currently reflected in the cluster & the local configuration ◦ If this were possible with flytectl, I could imagine this naturally slotting into a category of gitops workflows that use the
diff
command for reconciliation (ie. a controller that runs
<command> diff
on an interval and applies changes to the cluster if the diff is nonempty) More broadly, we're interested in managing flyte primitives like projects/domains/tras/cras in a gitops-style way
cc @Ketan (kumare3) in case you have any additional thoughts (& you also mentioned that there was a potentially undocumented way to achieve something like this when we spoke a few weeks ago)
k
Project management using gitops make sense. So you can list all project domain attributes
No real Very nice way