Is there schema documentation for api requests tha...
# ask-the-community
g
Is there schema documentation for api requests that execute a launch plan? I found the protocol documentation , but I can't find any specific schema for what the inputs should look like when they are not primitives (e.g. a dataclass type that my workflow defines)
y
what language are you calling the api from?
g
python (and later will be doing golang)
y
python is not bad.
use the
FlyteRemote
object
g
ah I see. I was trying to build my own body by hand and then post via
requests
. Is there a similar tool for golang?
y
sorry was in a meeting. golang is a bit trickier, cuz there’s no SDK right? so there’s no
TypeEngine
but the protobuf generated code is also captured into a higher level client capable of emitting FlyteAdmin requests and understanding responses
that client lives here. I will note however that flytectl is written in go and is capable of doing things like sending a launch plan execution request.
it does so by parsing a yaml input to create the admin request protobuf messag
in that repo you might find code which is helpful to do that type engine conversion if you want to write it
g
Yes, I think that's what I need. Thank you!
y
can treat that whole repo as a library if you want, probably has a lot of helper functions you’d find helpful
also please keep in mind that this is kinda internal flyte code
so it may be subject to change… think of it as code you can use but not a strict API we’re gonna commit to. the go bits that is. The Python
FlyteRemote
object we will not break