Hi team… we’re having a bit of an issue with Secre...
# ask-the-community
r
Hi team… we’re having a bit of an issue with Secrets as documented here. After following the steps we see a new secret named
flyte-pod-webhook
instead of
flyte-pod-webhook-secret
. Is this expected? End result.. the pod running the task is unable to actually access the secrets and fails.
y
hey - i think that’s not a huge problem, though we should correct the name in the docs. looking at our internal test deployment of flyte, these are the only two we see
Copy code
flyte                       flyte-pod-webhook                                              Opaque                                3      214d
flyte                       flyte-pod-webhook-token-gtfrr                                  <http://kubernetes.io/service-account-token|kubernetes.io/service-account-token>   3      214d
can you copy/paste here the labels/annotations for the task pod? the task that’s supposed to get the secret.
r
do you expect the keys to be lower case? I have a key defined as “MY_TOKEN”… then the task complains because it can’t find /etc/flyte/secrets/<group_name>/my_token.. instead of MY_TOKEN
y
yes, keys should be lower case sorry
(this has been fixed but not released yet - 1.2 Flyte release)
r
aha.. that’s probably our final issue that we need to solve.. Can you please update the docs?
ah I see
y
we do need to amend our docs to explicitly say that secrets are not case sensitive.
as in you can’t have a secret “MY_SECRET” and a different secret “my_secret”. that will cause weird/undefined behavior in Flyte. We should probably put in an issue in flyte to have that raise an error.
👀 1
r
using lowercase fixed the issue
👍 3
s
@Smriti Satyan, let’s update the secret docs.