I am trying to deploy Flyte on AWS manually using ...
# flyte-deployment
a
I am trying to deploy Flyte on AWS manually using our docs and at this step I got this error.
Copy code
% kubectl get pods --namespace default
error: You must be logged in to the server (Unauthorized)
I tried the following also:
Copy code
eksctl create iamidentitymapping --cluster Flyte-AWS-EKS-Cluster --arn arn:aws:iam::xxxxxxxx:user/Alireza --group system:masters --username ops-user
Error: getting auth ConfigMap: Unauthorized
s
Hi Alireza, thanks for your question. Did you run this command locally in your command line? One of the reasons you might come across this issue is if your AWS CLI with which you logged in, doesn't have access to the roles that were created for the EKS cluster.
a
Hi Shivay, Yes I have run it locally.
s
You can initially set your local environment AWS environment variables with Admin Access. And then try to run the
kubectl get pods --namespace default
command. One of issues in the doc, that even I found was that we don't create a user before the creation of the roles and the EKS Cluster, so the iam role for user doesn't have access to the EKS cluster.
cc @Yee
a
The assumption of the doc is that there is an available user with a root user access which then it shouldn't be a problem. In my case I don't think I have the admin permission.
s
Yes so in case you have admin access, then you can use that. Or else. we might have to use the AWS aws-auth configMap to configure the user to have access to the EKS Cluster. For reference: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/eks/latest/userguide/add-user-role.html