Heya! So, at work they want to move from ECS + Pr...
# ask-the-community
m
Heya! So, at work they want to move from ECS + Prefect to EKS + a k8s-native Orchestrator. So I'm investigating options! There's one called Argo Hera, but it sounds like you need to have a decent understanding of k8s in order to use it right? Would Flyte let me treat it as more of a "black box"?
y
union would 🙂 a complete black box.
with flyte, you would still have to administer the EKS cluster and associated settings (or gke/aks)
i would check out the install docs to get a sense of the opacity of the box… @David Espejo (he/him) wrote this guide https://github.com/davidmirror-ops/flyte-the-hard-way but most of it it configuring non-flyte things (auth, ingress, k8s, cnames, etc)
m
Oh I mean like, when you're writing the actual code, ya can just specify resources, and not have to think much about anything beyond that.
y
oh, yes of course, declarative resources for sure
m
so we'd still stand up our own infra (the use case is to make stuff we can install on customers' setups, so as infra-agnostic as possible aside from "k8s-like")
y
Yeah, you would still standup your own infra. Alternatively, might be worth it to play with the serverless setup we have as well, signup.union.ai, to get a sense of the environment
The bit of k8s that still shows from the user’s side comes in the more advanced use cases, when you want to configure sidecar containers for instance via pod templates.
m
Interesting, thanks!
k
Our goal is abstracted infra with escape hatches