:wave: I’m attempting to bring up the flyte-datac...
# flyte-deployment
b
👋 I’m attempting to bring up the flyte-datacatalog to enable task caching for our users: 1. I can see that it needs s3 storage and an RDS instance — I started creating a separate RDS instance — but as I was looking through the helm config, it seems like its configured to use the same instance as flyte admin. Is this the recommended approach or should I be using a separate RDS instance? 2. Additionally, is there more detailed documentation on installation/deployment steps for flyte data catalog? The readme is a bit sparse 😅
k
hey, so it can be the same db, or can be different DB
its your choice
different db, helps in cascading failure scenarios
b
👍 k k will keep it separate for now then
k
also if you want, we are working on a a single service that can serve as both - admin and datacatalog
if that simplifies the setup
but, preferred option is to keep the deployments separate, as they can be scaled independently
b
do you have a link for me to take a look at? We’ll likely keep it separate since we already have a working flyte admin
k
b
Thanks! Seems like this might be more geared towards the Flyte sandbox — is that correct?
k
thats what we are doing
but, also is awesome to get started with
and minimize deployments
👍 1
but, can be hard to upgrade
but its early
you have almost everything setup, so continue with what you have
Also @Brian Tang a big update is coming next week
definitely be ready to deploy again then, it will improve a lot of the users workflows, ui etc
b
nice! Is there a tag or release notes I can look at?
k
yes, we will have them next week
👍 1
but updates to - https://github.com/flyteorg/flyte/issues/2241 and FlyteRemote
and UI