Hey <@USU6W5ATA>! I'm looking for some way for ag...
# contribute
e
Hey @Kevin Su! I'm looking for some way for agents to return metadata, to be stored inside the Flyte execution. I'm familiar with
ResourceMeta
returned from
CreateTask
- but it looks like that's intended to be a totally opaque byte stream strictly for using as a key that only the agent can understand. It doesn't look like there's a way inside Flyte to deserialize that for human consumption? Any thoughts on this? I see that the GetTaskResponse has a
custom_info
field in the proto , but it's not part of the Resource in the Python base agent ... only
outputs
log_links
phase
are there. Thanks!
k
Metadata should not be stored in propeller state
But admin should be ok
e
Thanks - yeah, I wouldn't expect the operator to do that kind of state management. Basically I'd just like a way to store some basic info about the execution the agent triggered in the remote system -- a simple hash would suffice.
e
Yeah that's the field I was saying doesn't look to be wired up in the Python agent resource helper class. I wasn't sure if that was intentional or not
k
That should be super simple
e
Just to follow up - put up a quick PR on this at https://github.com/flyteorg/flytekit/pull/2426. Will try to test it in conjunction with our agent later today / tomorrow.