Is there anyway to view upcoming scheduled workflo...
# ask-the-community
g
Is there anyway to view upcoming scheduled workflows? I setup a launchplan with a CronSchedule, which works perfectly, but you can't tell from the web interface what will run, overnight for instance.
g
@Jason Porter @John Votta ^
k
@Garret Cook today we do not show this in the UI, if you are on the new UI, it shows active schedules under launchplans
how would you like this to be shown?
g
In the dashboard, you have the vertical bars for tasks, color coded to success, fail, running, etc. Can we extend that with another color for scheduled?
I'm using they flyte-binary helm chart, is there any easy way to get on the new UI?
(Also, thank you kindly for the replies, much appreciated)
k
cc @John Votta this is cool 🙂 ^
j
@Garret Cook thanks for drawing this up! In the near term, we are shipping to OSS a way to see active Schedules at the workflow level (see screenshot). There is a "Next Run" column which will display the next expected run of a CRON schedule. Longer term we will look to integrate ideas like the one you shared. By the way, are you thinking of this as being useful on Executions (i.e. across all workflows) or only within the scope of one workflow? cc @James Hoover
g
@Garret Cook thanks for drawing this up! In the near term, we are shipping to OSS a way to see active Schedules at the workflow level (see screenshot). There is a "Next Run" column which will display the next expected run of a CRON schedule.
That sounds great. Will look forward to it.
Longer term we will look to integrate ideas like the one you shared. By the way, are you thinking of this as being useful on Executions (i.e. across all workflows) or only within the scope of one workflow?
I prefer to see it across all workflows, so I think "Executions". For my use case, I just like to see what is coming up overnight. I like to make sure all the jobs I'm expecting are going to run. I can't keep track of everything, but if some group is expecting a report, or dataset update, I can quickly look and make sure it is planning to run before morning.
j
Would you expect that "last 100 executions" read out to respect time properly on the x-axis (meaning you could maybe see for sure that it's the next 24 hours, rather than the ordinal list of historical and future executions)?
g
I think your top 100 is in chronological order by start time, presently? Only half sure. If so, I'm thinking that chronological pattern would just continue past the "most recent" marker into the future. That would be UI consistent with what you already have. The first vertical bar to the right would be the soonest upcoming job, the next bar would be the 2nd soonest, and so on. If I was looking for one in particular, I could hover to see some details (as I can do now with finished or running executions). Perhaps a click on an upcoming run jumps to the launch plan, or some further detail. I'd imagine there are other considerations you'll have to weigh, but that is my thoughts on the feature.
j
Really appreciate this - always good to get this feedback 🙂