:wave: We have some pretty large workflows on Fly...
# ask-the-community
b
👋 We have some pretty large workflows on Flyte, and currently some are failing to load on the flyte-console UI. eg., if we navigate to https://flyte-admin-proxy.corp.stripe.com/api/v1/data/node_executions/radar-ml/adhoc/a692kjr9tsqtxjsxgp7f/n0-0-dn0-0-n1-0-dn6 we're seeing
"code":8,"message":"grpc: received message larger than max (5597332 vs. 4194304)"
which results in the UI having a spinner spin forever. GRPC seems to have a default 4MB limit and am curious if there are work arounds for this
b
Thanks for the pointer! Turns out we already had that set on flyte-admin, but we have a proxy in our infra that also needed the config 👍
@Blake Jackson — do you know if there are any implications of arbitrarily increasing this limit eg., if I set this to say 1G so I don't have to keep bumping this line?
Copy code
TooLarge: Event message exceeds maximum gRPC size limit, caused by [rpc error: code = ResourceExhausted desc = grpc: received message larger than max (71292763 vs. 31457280)]
b
I'm assuming memory usage will be impacted(so ensure you're running with enough overhead)