Are there any Spotifiers out there that's be willi...
# ask-the-community
a
Are there any Spotifiers out there that's be willing to chat about the Java SDK?
d
cc @honnix et. al. ?
h
@Andrés Gómez Ferrer would you like to take this? @Andy Czerwonka Please feel free to drop your questions in this thread. I see we have a big time difference, so some async comm could get this started. We can try to set up a meeting when needed.
a
Sure! I can take it
a
Ok, great... I'll keep this thread for that. Basically, my question is around adopting the Java SDK versus creating our own gRPC binding in Scala. I just wanted to discuss that a bit, the maybe non-obvious pros-vs-cons, things to look out, etc. At the moment, I'm evaluating Flyte in our environment (mostly JVM services in Scala) but will have more and more Python as we evolve.
a
hey @Andy Czerwonka! flytekit-java also offers a scala layer https://github.com/flyteorg/flytekit-java/tree/master/flytekit-scala_2.13 have you checked it?
flytekit-java does the gRPC binding in Java, but offers a scala layer on top of the java one. It also has a tool called
jflyte
that allows you to deploy your tasks, workflows, and launchplans to flyte
on the python VS java topic... one thing to keep in mind is that the features on flytekit-java are behind the python-sdk.. and not all of them are supported right now
a
I guess it’ll be important to understand the delta
a
I don’t know exactly the delta.. maybe you can tell me on what features are you looking for and I can check if it is available or not