question - lets say i have a workflow with like 6 ...
# ask-the-community
a
question - lets say i have a workflow with like 6 tasks. task 5 has just failed after a few hours. i want to be able to just run task 5 'locally' in a notebook so i can figure out what went wrong. whats the best way to do this? i am having a lot of pain in just grabbing the inputs clipboard from the flyte UI for that task since its just a string and often the inputs into the task are actually custom python types. so i end up having to do a lot of boiler plate to go from "inputs string" -> "inputs json" -> all the nested special custom objects that my task needs as inputs.
y
Hi, you can try https://docs.flyte.org/en/latest/flytesnacks/examples/flyteinteractive_plugin/index.html It allows you to use vscode to debug on the task pod and also provides an entrypoint to retrieve the inputs.
a
Oh cool, I'll ask our infra guy's about that
k
you can use the
remote.get
to retrieve the input/output in your notebook.
Copy code
from flytekit.remote.remote import FlyteRemote
from flytekit.configuration import Config
remote = FlyteRemote(
    Config.for_endpoint("playground.canary.unionai.cloud"),
)
remote.get("<flyte://v1/flytesnacks/development/f5fa74bf487734821a3f/n1-0-n1/i>")
and use this input to run your specific task
a
ohhh great - going to try this, thanks
lets say i have a inputs.pb on s3 like this s3://foo/bar-adhoc-ahlkpx2mm8ws4hmpkpq9/n0/data/0/start-node/inputs.pb is there a way to read in this inputs.pd into python using FlyteRemote?
trying to do something like this?