Hey all, is there a way to view the source code of...
# ask-the-community
t
Hey all, is there a way to view the source code of a registered workflow after it is registered?
k
Haha folks have asked about this, there is a way. Infact @Thomas Fan just merged something into Flyte devs also maybe @L godlike
I do feel we can add it to the description of a Task though
t
Great. Our dev ops guy didn't implement ci registration yet so it's a real life saver 😃
k
Wdym
If you have ideas let’s put them together about usecases
t
I mean that the standard way to link between a task and it's code would be to register during ci, which will link the task version with the commit_hash. I assume that's what most users do.
k
Yes - that is somewhat supported already, if you add some docs link.
t
wdym?
t
K, thanks! Hope I'll get an answer soon about retrieving the task's source code
k
t
@Kevin Su Thx but i'm afraid this doesn't help. I'll explain my case - I have a task version that yielded 88% accuracy, which then changed and started to yield 50% in later versions. I don't have a reference to the source code of the 88% accuracy task. I can only treat this task version as a black box, which I hoped flyte can help me retrieve and deserialize/restore the code from.
Actually, I've just downloaded the tar.gz file with all the task's code, pretty straight forward. Thanks anyways guys!
k
Yes we should link to the fast registered tarball