Hey I'm about to deploy flyte-binary on GCP and th...
# flyte-deployment
c
Hey I'm about to deploy flyte-binary on GCP and there are a few things I'm unsure about: • minimum size cluster/resource requirements for running flyte-binary's deployments • I'm assuming the
eks-starter.yaml
mentioned in the docs applies to deploying AWS's EKS. Is there a GCP/GKE equivalent (don't see it in repo) or should I just edit the
values.yaml
? • I used to use gcp's cloudsql-proxy with kubeflow. Can I use this with flyte too or is there a better way to set things up (e.g. VPC)?
Gonna give deploy-flyte a go first.
d
Hey @Cornelis Boon yeah please give it a go
• minimum size cluster/resource requirements for running flyte-binary's deployments
Good question. I don't think we have recent profiling info to give you a sound advice. There are base resource requests for the flyte-components depending on the Helm chart and the
deploy-flyte
modules use a baseline on the nodetype
• I'm assuming the
eks-starter.yaml
mentioned in the docs applies to deploying AWS's EKS. Is there a GCP/GKE equivalent (don't see it in repo) or should I just edit the
values.yaml
?
You're right. There seems to be a void there. Could you file an Issue please? This is necessary
• I used to use gcp's cloudsql-proxy with kubeflow. Can I use this with flyte too or is there a better way to set things up (e.g. VPC)?
deploy-flyte
uses VPC Network peering (Private Services connection) to handle connectivity to the CloudSQL instance
c
And cool, I'll give deploy-flyte tomorrow then. Thanks for the quick response!
a
I would recommend deploying flyte-core instead of binary on gcp, becuase there is terraform to setup VPC, cloudsql, ect https://github.com/unionai-oss/deploy-flyte/tree/main/environments/gcp/flyte-core
c
I've used the terraform to get the flyte binary working, actually
So yeah, that's a great resource