Hello! I have a question around executing multiple...
# ask-the-community
s
Hello! I have a question around executing multiple subworkflows from within a parent workflow where I cannot import the code. Is it possible to use the flyte remote to fetch and execute the workflows from within dynamic workflow and pass the output of one workflow into the next? I asked this question here but I am not sure it is actually possible
y
is the parent workflow static or dynamic? just wondering
generally what you’re asking should be possible yes. the issue is authentication - once you’re in the business of the task container having to talk to the control plane, you need to authenticate.
if dynamic, does it have to be subworkflows? can it be launch plans? (i.e. they end up being different executions).
if so you can use reference launch plans to kick off the other workflows
s
Thanks @Yee > is the parent workflow static or dynamic? I am writing a new workflow so it can be either. What ever works. My understanding is that static would be problematic because it would try to execute the code at compile, trying to fetch and execute the workflows..? > if dynamic, does it have to be subworkflows? can it be launch plans? I can certainly try a launch plan. Is there any examples of using a reference launch plan?
y
it’s a bit awkward… in order to prevent the network call, we ask the user to re-provide the interface. https://docs.flyte.org/en/latest/flytesnacks/examples/productionizing/reference_launch_plan.html#reference-launch-plan