Random question, but it seems like the flyte conso...
# ask-the-community
a
Random question, but it seems like the flyte console has increased the frequency that it forces me to relogin, which is now happening multiple times a day, where it did it maybe once a day previously. Is this something that can be configured? (hosting in GCS, used
union-oss/deploy-flyte
to deploy it)
d
hey @Andrew Are you using externalAuthServer? or just the selfAuth I'm wondering if the token is expiring
a
Its using OAuth through GCP. I think I’m using the OpenID Connect, but I created the app and the client id and secret and did it that way
d
I see that
Copy code
- refresh_token
is part of the `grant_types`for the
selfAuthServer
. It should enable the authentication server on flyteadmin to refresh the token without prompting the user
a
Looks like I do have that, under
flyte-cli
flytectl
, and
flytepropeller
. It also does open a web page every so often when I run a flytectl or pyflyte command, which would be nice if that happened in the background as well without the web page opening
Copy code
grant_types:
                - refresh_token
                - authorization_code
d
a
I see. So you’d recommend using the ClientSecret method? Would that solve the cli browser issue and the console re-login issue?
d
that would probably help for the CLI, but won't have an effect on the console
a
ok, do I want to remove refresh_token? or maybe remove authorization_code?
d
I don't think so. Also the
scope helps with refreshing the token "silently"
a
gotcha. looks like I have this on each one
Copy code
scopes:
                - all
                - access_token
I’ll see if it continues to refresh so often, it seems like I already had the settings ok, at least on the console side. I’ll try out the ClientSecret method
Its still refreshing often. Seems like I’m either missing some other setting, or I need to remove one of those
grant_types
or
scopes
, not sure
d
@Andrew would you mind creating an Issue?
a
For sure
@David Espejo (he/him) sorry, which repo should I put that in, for the console refreshing issue?
flyteconsole
? Or just
flyte
for the deployment part?
d
it should be
flyte